Your Vacation with Safety and Comfort in Mind
Effective March 22, 2021, all visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts must follow new Travel Advisory.
All visitors entering Massachusetts are advised to quarantine for 10 days upon their arrival unless they are exempt as listed bellow.
- Travelers who are fully vaccinated (i.e. who have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines OR who have received a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, 14 days or more ago) and who do not have symptoms.
- Travelers who have received a negative Covid-19 result on a test administered not more than 72 hours prior to their arrival in Massachusetts. Travelers may also test out of the quarantine advisory after arrival in Massachusetts, as long as they quarantine until receiving a negative test result.
- Anyone who is entering Massachusetts for fewer than 24 hours
- Anyone who is returning to Massachusetts after being out of the State for fewer than 24 hours
- Workers who enter Massachusetts to perform critical infrastructure functions (as specified by the Federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency) during required commuting to or from work and while at work.
Reservations and Flexible Cancellation Policies
In order to provide you with greater travel flexibility during this period of uncertainty due to Covid-19, we will maintain a flexible cancellation policy. Your credit card information is still needed to reserve a room. Full payment for your stay will be taken 15 days before your arrival. If Covid-19 prevents you from your trip, we will be flexible on a case by case basis . If a cancellation is requested before or after the payment period and is not Covid-19 related the normal cancellation policies will apply.
Enjoy a Visit to Cape Cod While Remaining Safer
As information about Covid-19 continues to evolve, we are taking the necessary precautions to make sure our Inn is clean and safe for our visitors and our staff.
We have updated our housework practices to follow the additional disinfecting procedures recommended by the CDC, the Massachusetts State Board of Health and Yarmouth Board of Health.
- All frequently high touch areas in common spaces will be cleaned with disinfectant. We are following the applicable “safestay” recommendations from the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), www.ahla.com/safestay.
- Our check-in procedures will be a little different than in the past. We ask that you provide an approximate time of arrival when making your reservation. Please call the Inn when you are approximately 10 minutes away, and we will greet you at your car and escort you (from a safe distance) to the Inn.
- Guests and staff must wear face masks while in any common part of the Inn. It is also required that you social distance (6 feet apart) from other guests and the staff.
- The normal daily housekeeping services may be restricted. No one will go into your room for the duration of your stay unless requested by the guest. If you need new towels, we will ask you to place the used towels in a provided bag and seal it and leave it outside your door between 10:00 am-noon. Please let us know after breakfast what other amenities you might need and we will deliver them with the replacement towels.
- We can service your room upon special request and respond to any special requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- Breakfast will still be from 8:30 to 9:30. Guests may dine on the back patio and/or on the covered wrap around porch. In the dining room, breakfast will be served inside with tables being at least 6 feet apart and no table to exceed 6 people. Due social distancing requirements, there will be fewer tables in the dining room than usual, so a combination of inside and outside dining will be necessary.
- For additional information on what is open (including restaurants) and what to do on the Cape, please refer to our website recommendations. We encourage you to call individual restaurants to see what service is available and what their operating hours are. Reservations are recommended for most places. For a good idea about what’s open right now a good site to look at is lovelivelocal.com.
- For the benefit of all, we ask guests to be mindful of social distancing, to wash hands frequently, to wear face masks when in common areas.
- Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer will be placed around the Inn for guests to use.
- The staff will be disinfecting our common high touch areas throughout the Inn during the course of the day.
We want you to feel comfortable during your stay, so we have taken every precaution you might expect but if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to call us at the Liberty Hill Inn, 508-362-3976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.